Film Activity Alert
Old Sacramento State Historic Park and California State Railroad Museum is hosting a large televised event between June 14 through June 21st.
Tickets for the event are officially sold out. The Museum is still open, however some areas will be closed to public access:
- 1849 grass and gravel area between the Central Pacific Passenger and CSRM.
- The boardwalk area in front of the California State Railroad Museum
- The Museum Roundhouse including: Sleeping Car, Dining Car, and RPO.
- Other Museum areas that will remain closed until further notice:
- Guided Tours and the Museum Theater
- Jr. Engineer Discovery Zone Children's Play Area
Railroad Museum access will be through the side doors on 2nd Street during this time, and the museum Store will only be accessible to museum visitors.
Excursion Trains are running throughout the event. The Central Pacific Passenger Station Ticket Office will be open for ticket pick up and sales. If you have tickets to ride the excursion train, please give yourself extra time to park and walk to the passenger station for excursion train rides the next two weekends. The Sacramento History Museum will also be closed to the public for the duration of this event (June 10-21, 2021). Thank you for your understanding.
Our Lives Are Made of
The California State Railroad Museum — your Museum — is the keeper of stories. Together, we collect them, we preserve them, and we tell them.
View the Museum's New Brochure
Your Support Is Critical To Our Success
There is no doubt our region is reeling from the uncertainty that’s resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. But nothing can change our region’s giving spirit. Acts of generosity strengthen us, lift our neighbors and sustain our community.